To recruit and retain talented, qualified and ethical people for employment as sworn or non-sworn with emphasis on the long-term needs of the Department and the community.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Recruitment Center was created to provide a centralized location dedicated solely to recruitment that is accessible and convenient to the general public. Opening its doors on August 1, 2018, the Center has served as a recruitment resource to assist and provide information to applicants, potential applicants or any community member interested in any career with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
The Center offers information on the following:
- Applicant Assistance Program (Information and Fitness Workshops)
- Pre-Academy Programs
- Legacy Internship Program
- Group presentations available to colleges, universities, military, community organizations, schools, etc.
- Tours of the Training Facility
- Internal developmental resource for current employees looking to advance in their careers or other positions